st: RE: RE: error message when running cf3

From   "Steichen, Thomas J." <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: error message when running cf3
Date   Fri, 7 Sep 2007 13:26:37 -0400

-cf3- uses a standard Stata tempfile and does a standard
-save , replace- operation on it.

The problem likely is an operating-system-specific problem
with the directory. It appears, but is not absolutely clear
from what you say below, that you are attempting to change
the attributes of the directory rather than the file. That
would be the right thing to do, however, you may need to fix
attributes on higher level directories for this to have effect.

I would not expect that you are changing attributes of the file.
If you are, I would recommend you just delete the file instead,
though that should not be necessary as I would expect the file
name to change each time you run -cf3- and that Stata would
delete such temp files itself.

Tom

Thomas J. Steichen
[email protected]