st: predictions

From   Johannes Geyer <>
Subject   st: predictions
Date   Fri, 7 Sep 2007 10:03:27 +0200

Dear all,

I would like to estimate a linear model with several interactions:

reg y age age2 age3 age4 x1 x2 x3 x4 age*x1 age*x2 .... age4*x3 age4*x4

Then I would like to compare results for different x, i.e. I have four
groups (and a base category) and they may differ in their age-profile. So
far I used Excel to calculate different profiles but I it is very
cumbersomely... That is why I am looking for a more convenient
post-estimation command. (I think the spost package does something similar
for categorical variables.) The problem arises because I do not want to
compare at sample means.

I would be happy if somebody had an idea which command could help,

thank you

Johannes Geyer
Deutsches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung (DIW Berlin)
German Institute for Economic Research
Graduate Center
DIW Berlin
Mohrenstraße 58