st: predictions

From   Johannes Geyer <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: predictions
Date   Fri, 7 Sep 2007 10:03:27 +0200

Dear all,

I would like to estimate a linear model with several interactions:

reg y age age2 age3 age4 x1 x2 x3 x4 age*x1 age*x2 .... age4*x3 age4*x4

Then I would like to compare results for different x, i.e. I have four
groups (and a base category) and they may differ in their age-profile. So
far I used Excel to calculate different profiles but I it is very
cumbersomely... That is why I am looking for a more convenient
post-estimation command. (I think the spost package does something similar
for categorical variables.) The problem arises because I do not want to
compare at sample means.

I would be happy if somebody had an idea which command could help,

thank you

regards

Johannes

Johannes Geyer
Deutsches Institut f�r Wirtschaftsforschung (DIW Berlin)
German Institute for Economic Research
Graduate Center
DIW Berlin
Mohrenstra�e 58