st: RE: swapping levels in mixed models

From   Garry Anderson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: RE: swapping levels in mixed models
Date   Thu, 06 Sep 2007 14:19:32 +1000

Hi Nicola,

The following may be helpful

Predicting Group-Level Outcome Variables From Variables Measured at
the Individual Level: A Latent Variable Multilevel Model.
By Croon, Marcel A.; van Veldhoven, Marc J. P. M.
Psychological Methods. 2007 Mar Vol 12(1) 45-57

Regards, Garry
Email:  [email protected]

________________________________

From: [email protected] on behalf of [email protected]
Sent: Mon 03/09/2007 20:32
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: swapping levels in mixed models

In many examples which I found on the web using SAS or Stata, the student-level outcome is predicted using student-level and school-level covariates.
Is it insane to ask Stata, e.g. to predict school-level number of students passing the math exam (or their percentage on the number of enrolled students) using information about gender and socio-economic status?
If no, can I just use a school-level y or should I modify the usual command syntax in -gllamm- (and how)?

Nicola

<<winmail.dat>>