st: Dear Sir:Survival analysis(2nd Sept)

From   khan ali <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Dear Sir:Survival analysis(2nd Sept)
Date   Sat, 1 Sep 2007 20:36:04 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Sir,
Really  kind suggestions solved my problem now only
one this is remaining as to complete my analysis.
1.I can check the positive or negative duration
dependence provide p is greater than one or less than
one.
2.But more than this I am supposed(as per requirement)
to report alpha(shape parameter)and beta(the estimated
coeffeicient of the length of the run in AFT form)
I am using the command
streg , dist(weibul)time
How about if I use the command?
streg CURUN, dist(weibul)time

How about if I convert the data in frequency form
curun    f
1	 20
2	  8
3	  7
4	  4
5	  1
6	  0
7	  1
8	  0
9	  0
10	  0
11	  0
12	  0
13	  1

In the frequency form How do I can estimate the
parameters?
Thanks,
Looking for your kind reply
Khan,ALI

<MAARTEN WROTE EARLIER>
Given the dataset you have given me you should type:
stset CRUN,failure(end)
streg , dist(weibul)

Notice that haven't specified any variable, this is
because the
dependent variable is already specified when you
-stset- the data.

If there is negative duration dependence the parameter
p will be less
than one, you can see that the confidence interval
around p is entirely
above 1, indicating that there is no duration
dependence (if the
Weibull is appropriate for this data).

you can see the predicted hazard by typing:
stcurv, hazard