st: identifying observations in one variable that appear in another variable

From   Dalhia <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: identifying observations in one variable that appear in another variable
Date   Wed, 29 Aug 2007 14:57:30 -0700 (PDT)

hi, I am trying to figure out a way to identify all
observations in one variable that also appear in
another variable.  I have two variables - shareholder
name and company name and I'm trying to find all the
shareholders who are also on my list of companies.  Is
there a way to do this in Stata?

Thanks so much for your help on this. I appreciate it.

Dalhia Mani

Got a little couch potato?