Re: st: Sort order in graph box, over() by()

From   "Svend Juul" <SJ@SOCI.AU.DK>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: Sort order in graph box, over() by()
Date   Mon, 27 Aug 2007 12:55:33 +0200

Stefan Kreisel wrote:

Is there a way to individually sort the order of boxes in a given
subgraph as produced by the by() option in e.g.
-graph box yvar, over(xvar, sort(1)) by(anothergroup)-?

The problem is that missing categories on a given subgrouping of
by() get put on the far right most side of the subgraph; I want
them all in the same position in each subgraph.

I don't think you can do what you want with -by()-, but you can
do it (approximately) with -over()-:

   sysuse auto
   graph box weight , over(rep78) over(foreign)

Hope this helps

Svend Juul
Vennelyst Boulevard 6
DK-8000  Aarhus C, Denmark