st: RE: Comparison in survival analysis

From   Aysegul Aydin <Aysegul.Aydin@Colorado.EDU>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Comparison in survival analysis
Date   Sun, 26 Aug 2007 10:58:42 -0600

I was asking POLMETH a few weeks ago about a user-written or canned Stata
method to estimate generalized weibull though without much luck. Christopher
Zorn also adopted the same method in his 2000 Political Analysis article
"Modeling Duration Dependence". This is a method I believe that allows the
user to model the shape parameter with covariates. However, Zorn was using
LIMDEP, so I am not sure whether this is doable in Stata. But if any of our
colleagues have an idea about how to do this, I will also greatly appreciate
their feedback.

My best wishes,

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of khan ali
Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2007 6:24 AM
Subject: st: Comparison in survival analysis

Dear members,
For the same data set,the estimated parameters(two
parametrs,alpha and beta(slope)) by weibull and
loglogistic models narrate a different story(having
different signs).How do the parameters of two
distribiutions can be compared?

The generalized weibull of Mudholkar,et al.(1996)
provides much greater flexibilty at the expense of an
additional shape parameter(having two shape parameters
and in total three parameters).How do we can estimate
this three parameter weibull distribution.

Thanks for comments and suggestions.

Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who
knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.