AW: st: Model-based Clustering

From   "Baumeister Sebastian" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   AW: st: Model-based Clustering
Date   Sat, 25 Aug 2007 10:45:08 +0200

Maybe what you are looking for is latent class analysis which can be done in gllamm (http://www.gllamm.org). however, it is much convenient to use latentgold for lca.

sebastian
-----Urspr�ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Lina Jonsson
Gesendet: Freitag, 24. August 2007 15:06
An: [email protected]
Betreff: SV: st: Model-based Clustering

Hello.

I know that there exist a function called mclust that works with S-PLUS for Model-based Cluster Analysis according to an article by Fraley and Raftery from 1998. Sense I�m no expert when it comes to clustering, it�s hard for me to be more specific. But in the article model-based cluster analysis is described as "In model-based cluster analysis data are represented by a mixture model in which each component corresponds to a different cluster. Models with varying geomteric properties are obtained through Gaussian compnents with different parameterixations and cross-cluster constraints..." I hope this gives you a clue to what I`m after. I appreciate all the help and suggestions I can get.

Best Regards

Lina Jonsson