st: RE: RE: RE: ivreg2

From   <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: RE: ivreg2
Date   Thu, 23 Aug 2007 14:44:38 +0100

Mark,

It's much clearer now. Thanks again.

Marta.

________________________________

From: [email protected] on behalf of Schaffer, Mark E
Sent: Wed 22/08/2007 23:15
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: RE: RE: ivreg2

Marta,

I can think of two reasons.  First, sometimes users might estimate a
model with the -nocons- option but the model actually does have a
constant.  (For example, if the regression is on individuals and there
is a gender dummy, the user might exclude a constant and include both a
male and a female dummy.)  From a programming point of view, it was
easiest just to report both centered and uncentered R-sqs and let the
user decide which s/he wants to use.  Second, we don't always use
regressions to estimate models; sometimes we do tests based on
artificial regressions.  There are N*R-sq tests which require the
uncentered R-squared.

Cheers,
Mark

<<winmail.dat>>