st: Creating a graph

From   "Richard Ohrvall" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Creating a graph
Date   Thu, 23 Aug 2007 15:38:10 +0200

Dear Statalist,

I have a problem constructing the kind of graph I would like to get. I
have a dataset containing individuals working within an organisation.
They have all started working there at the same time, but some have
left the organisation. I have one variable with a unique ID, one
variable with their sex, and finally one variable with the data of
their departure. The final variable is a ordinary text variable in the
format "yyyymmdd" which is equal to "" for those individuals who are
still in the organisation.

What I would like to create is a graph with one line representing the
percentage of men still in the organisation and one line for women,
ie. the line starts at the value 100 at the time when the organisation
was set up, say 20021101, and ends at my final data point, say
20061231. The y-axis should represent percent and the x-axis time. I
also would like to create a similar graph with absolute numbers, ie.
the y-axis would represent the number of individuals instead of
percent.

I am sorry if this is trivial question, but I can not find a decent solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Richard