Re: st: Multinominal Logit

From   "Killian Murphy" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Multinominal Logit
Date   Wed, 22 Aug 2007 09:20:51 -0400

Hi Xiaoheng

Thanks so much for the advice

Kind Regards,

Killian

From: "Xiaoheng Zhang" <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: Multinominal Logit
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:12:47 +0100

hi Killian,

Sounds like you are going to do a discrete-choice model.A simple
suggestion is that if your explanatory variables contain
payment-specific characteristics(I guess,such as costs and service
providers), you need to use the Conditional Logit Model; if your
explanatoiry variables only contain individuals' characteristics, you
can use the Multinominal Logit (or the Conditional Logit,it yields the
same outcomes as the Mulitinominal Logit will do). My best advice for
you to start is to read State manual re. the Multinomial Logit and the
Conditional Logit,it provides very good examples on
transportation-mode choice and restaurant choice.

--
Greetings,

Xiaoheng Zhang (Kevin)

*