Statalist

Re: st: RE: st: non-ascii charact er я and "unexpected end of file"

From   "Eva Poen" <eva.poen@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: RE: st: non-ascii charact er я and "unexpected end of file"
Date   Mon, 20 Aug 2007 18:47:37 +0100

Thank you, Nick and Sergiy. In the long term I will implement Nick's
suggestion as it helps prevent other problems associated with these
characters which may arise. For now, Sergiy's workaround does the job
just fine. Here is an example line from my code:

replace OthersEgo = "1" if OthersEgo == "пытаютс`=char(255)' быть полезными"

Thanks a lot and kind regards,
Eva