st: RE: Weights in dataset

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Weights in dataset
Date   Mon, 20 Aug 2007 15:29:55 +0100

You must specify weights whenever you want them.

Strictly, you specify them as weights, not as options.
Options are whatever follows the first comma on a command
line. Weights are specified before options.

The opposite kind of syntax is evidently possible, but
it is not Stataish. The only exception to this that
I can think of, which is not really an exception, is
that if you -expand- using frequency weights all subsequent
commands are as if they were frequency weighted.

Felix Behling