Re: st: Goodness-of-fit before MonteCarlo simulation

From   "Stas Kolenikov" <>
Subject   Re: st: Goodness-of-fit before MonteCarlo simulation
Date   Sat, 18 Aug 2007 08:39:54 -0500

On 8/18/07, Carlo Lazzaro <> wrote:
> is there a Stata 9.2/SE built-in function to obtain the goodness-of-fit
> about the right distribution to impose over a dataset before running a
> Montecarlo simulation?

People running regressions understand R^2 as goodness of fit; people
doing contingency tables understand Pearson chi-square as goodness of
fit; and people doing structural equation models understand the
likelihood ratio as goodness of fit. Your question is way too broad.

Stas Kolenikov, also found at
Small print: Please do not reply to my Gmail address as I don't check
it regularly.