Re: st: RE: programming problem

From   "Sebastian F. B�chte" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: programming problem
Date   Thu, 16 Aug 2007 20:03:13 +0200

I have got a -reshape- solution of which I do not really think that it
qualifies for "elegant". Here it is:

//unless you have an admission id you need to create one...
gen admid = _n
reshape long v, i(admid) j(admmo)
gen mycond = v == 1 & month == admmo
bys admid (mycond): replace mycond = mycond[_N]
reshape wide v, i(admid) j(admmo)

Regards
Sebastian