st: Date & if function

From   "Ziad El-Khatib" <>
Subject   st: Date & if function
Date   Wed, 15 Aug 2007 02:47:33 -0700

Hi again,
I want to calculate the number of days elapsed between date of
patients visits to the clinic, patients are expected to come each 4th
week, i.e. week4, week8, week12 etc..
I have date of visit (var date) and dummy variable for weeks, i.e.
week4 (1 or 0), week8 (1 or 0)

I am trying to generate new variable to calculate n of days between
week8 and week4, by saying dayat8 = (date if week4==1) - (date if
week8==1) it does not work

Any tips?
Thank you in advance and best regards

Ziad El-Khatib
National Institute for Communicable Diseases (NICD)
South Africa