RE: st: Creating new graph properties dynamically

From   "Maarten Buis" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Creating new graph properties dynamically
Date   Fri, 10 Aug 2007 14:24:32 +0200

--- Nick Cox wrote:
> Thanks to Maarten for the plug, but Sergei would look in
> vain through my graphics programs for examples
> of class programming [technical sense]. I say
> "class" as this is one key word; it might be better
> to say "object".
>
> Back-tracking: Sergei thinks he has a graphics problem
> for which application of class programming is
> the answer. I can't be clear whether that is true,
> as I don't understand his question, nor do I have
> a sense of the underlying problem.
>
> Either way, I don't think there is any more written
> on the subject than he has found. StataCorp expressed
> an intention to write this up for user-programmers
> when Stata 8 was introduced, but then they changed
> their minds.

If you really really really need class programming (and
as you can see from the impressive list of user written
twoway commands by Nick, it is very likely that you do
not), than can come to the UK Stata Users Group meeting
on 10 and 11 September, and ask your question directly
to Vince.

But seriously, if it can't wait, or London is too far
away for you, than you should give more information
about what you want to do, and maybe someone on the
list can help you.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam