RE: st: xtabond

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: xtabond
Date   Fri, 10 Aug 2007 12:38:54 +0100

I don't think you meant what you wrote.

sort prov time
by prov: generate t = _n
tsset prov t

or

bysort prov (time) : gen t = _n
tsset prov t

is more likely to be what you meant.

But while this may make a command
happy to play with sone data, it ignores
much of the information in those data,
and creates time equivalences that may not
match the original (e.g. observations with
t = 1 may well have different underlying
-time-s).

Otherwise put, this is not just a trick to
get a command to play. It needs justification
in terms of the underlying science (or whatever).

Mansour Farahani