Re: st: different stcox output when used in a program

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: different stcox output when used in a program
Date   Sun, 5 Aug 2007 17:46:21 +0100 (BST)

--- Michael McCulloch <> wrote:

> Thanks Maarten! When I run the example exactly as defined, the
> coefficient is still returned. Is there some global option I need to
> define for Stata?

In the output it is called "Observed coef.", but if you compare those
numbers with the output of -stcox- you'll see that they are hazard
ratios. Stata doesn't know what special names there are for a
coefficient, so unless you tell it otherwise it just uses the generic
term coefficient for everything.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam