RE: st: Disentangle unobserved state effect

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   RE: st: Disentangle unobserved state effect
Date   Fri, 3 Aug 2007 06:55:12 +0100 (BST)

--- Gao Liu <> wrote:
> I like the idea of adding important state-wide variables, although
> some may still argue that some state-wide effects may never be
> observed but have significant impacts.

For that case you can use the random effects model, as I suggested

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081