st: What machine to run Stata

From   "Bromiley, Philip" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: What machine to run Stata
Date   Thu, 2 Aug 2007 16:17:22 -0700

After struggling with xtabond using a 32 bit windows machine [not enough
available RAM for the instruments], I am considering buying a machine
largely to run Stata.  I'm thinking of spending about $3500.

Does anyone have suggestions on machines and operating systems? I've
been using windows, but back in the dark ages I used ms-dos and various

Thank you.

Phil Bromiley
U of CA, Irvine