Re: st: Binomial regression

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Binomial regression
Date   Thu, 2 Aug 2007 20:07:47 +0100 (BST)

This may be a silly question, but why are you using the identity link?
It is not very appropriate for a binary dependent variable since it
will eventually lead to prediction outside the allowable range, and
apperently there are also problems with getting the model to converge.
Logit and probit links will converge in no time in Stata (probably also
in SAS), and are more appropriate for binary dependent variables.

Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081