Re: st: confidence interval around the prevalence estimate

From   Michael McCulloch <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: confidence interval around the prevalence estimate
Date   Wed, 1 Aug 2007 17:39:47 -0700

Dear Harper,
I may be incorrect, but it seems this would be a one-sample test for the prevalence proportion.
See:
[R] prtest -- One- and two-sample tests of proportions

The weighting you allude to (but don't elaborate on) may change things, however.
Michael

Dear Colleagues:

Hope all of you are having a wonderful summer.

This might be a very simple (or silly) question.
In my data, I found 34 cases out of 2492 weighted sample. (1.3%)
How can I get the confidence interval around the prevalence estimate?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Harper