Re: st: RE: RE: -outreg2- in Stata 10

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: RE: -outreg2- in Stata 10
Date   Wed, 01 Aug 2007 17:35:01 -0500

At 03:58 PM 8/1/2007, roy wada wrote:
Nick is correct that at least one verion of -outreg2- is missing a
version control statement in one of its subroutines. I was a little
preoccupied at the time, or at least that's my excuse for misisng

-version- has to be issued for every subroutine.
I'm not so sure about that. Much of what I know about programming I learned from Stata's Maximum Likelihood book; see

The sample programs are linked to there. In their programs (e.g. mylogit.ado) there is a version statement in the main/first routine but not the subroutines. This makes me think that either (a) Nick is right - it was the quirky ordering of routines in the earlier version of outreg that caused the problem, or (b) Stata should revise that book/programs in the future so it gives the right advice on the version command!

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu

* For searches and help try: