Re: st: Using 2 stage Heckmen Sample Selection with Lags in STATA

Subject   Re: st: Using 2 stage Heckmen Sample Selection with Lags in STATA
Date   Wed, 1 Aug 2007 11:26:56 -0400

Seema--
I think I already answered the question about the -heckman- approach
likely being hard in your panel data, or perhaps impossible without a
significant investment in learning -gllamm- on your part, or perhaps
writing new routines.  But I still don't see necessary detail in your
description of the data--how are you measuring trade?  Volume of
exports+imports?  Net exports?  Indicator for any trade at all? Why is
there missing data as opposed to just zeros for your LHS var?  If
you've got trade measured as a strictly positive variable and missings
where no trade exists, then you can replace trade=0 if mi(trade) and
run xtpoisson with country pair fixed effects, right?