From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <carlo.lazzaro@tin.it>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   R: st: Number Needed to be Treated (NNT)
Date   Wed, 1 Aug 2007 14:39:05 +0200

Dear Ronan,

thanks a lot for Your Kind participation to the thread I posted yesterday.

Kind Regards,

Carlo
-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] Per conto di Ronán Conroy
Inviato: mercoledì 1 agosto 2007 13.00
A: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Oggetto: Re: st: Number Needed to be Treated (NNT)

Nevertheless, it would make a useful addition to the -epitab-
commands which calculate absolute risk reduction, together with its
associated confidence interval, for those who are not brave enough to
calculate something by hand.

On 31 Iúil 2007, at 16:56, SR Millis wrote:

> NNT is simply the inverse of the absolute risk
> reduction, which is to be found in the clinical trials
> literature rather than in a statistical program.

=========
Ronán Conroy
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
rconroy@rcsi.ie