Re: st: problem with .do files?

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: problem with .do files?
Date   Tue, 31 Jul 2007 19:48:31 +0100 (BST)

--- "Visintainer, Paul" <PAUL_VISINTAINER@NYMC.EDU> wrote:
> When automatically submitted, the file does not appear to
> run the last line of the program unless there is a carriage return
> after the last line.  When the program is manually executed (from the
> editor), the last line is executed.
> I also tried this with regular .do program.  If the .do file is
> executed from the command window, it won't run the last line unless
> there is a carriage return.
> Can anyone replicate this?

Yes, this known behaviour. I always end my do-files with the -exit-
command. If I forget the last return than -exit- won't be executed
(which is no problem) and if I don't forget the last return than exit
ends the execution of the .do file.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam