Re: st: error i ( ) required r (198)

From   "Mike Bader" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: error i ( ) required r (198)
Date   Tue, 31 Jul 2007 13:51:19 -0400

Seema,

Others can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that you need to
set the variable of the groups across which you are comparing,
otherwise Stata doesn't know how to group the outcomes to measure the
fixed effects.

You can either add the option i(<grp_varname>) to the end of the command
[i.e. xtreg lngdpimp lngdpexp lnpopimp lnpopexp ldist, fe i(<grp_varname>)]

or set the group variable using:
iis <grp_varname>
which will set the group variable for all future xt commands.

mike