Statalist


[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date index][Thread index]

st: Stata having trouble connecting to the internet


From   "Rodrigo Martell" <rodrigo.martell@frontier-economics.com.au>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: Stata having trouble connecting to the internet
Date   Tue, 31 Jul 2007 13:54:22 +1000

I discovered this problem after using the following command:

. copy "http://www.imowa.com.au/10_5_1_y_pub_rt_detail_p2.htm?param1=`update_date'" "`file_label'.txt", replace
(note: file .txt not found)
file http://www.imowa.com.au/10_5_1_y_pub_rt_detail_p2.htm?param1= not found
 
I thought this had something to do with the site I was connecting to (since the code had worked a few hours ago).
 
I tried executing -update all-  (after setting debug on) to see if it was a Stata problem to discover that indeed it was:
 
. update all
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> update ado
(contacting http://www.stata.com)
looking up host...
opening connection (local)...
socket(2,1,0) = 592
ioctlsocket(592,8004667e,104ed60) = 0
contacting host...
connect(592,104edbc,16) = -1
select(593,0,104ec20,0,104ed2c,) = 0
select(593,0,104ec20,0,104ed2c,) = 0
select(593,0,104ec20,0,104ed2c,) = 0
select(593,0,104ec20,0,104ed2c,) = 0
select(593,0,104ec20,0,104ed2c,) = 0
select(593,0,104ec20,0,104ed2c,) = 0
select(593,0,104ec20,0,104ed2c,) = 0
select(593,0,104ec20,0,104ed2c,) = 0
select(593,0,104ec20,0,104ed2c,) = 0
select(593,0,104ec20,0,104ed2c,) = 0
select(593,0,104ec20,0,104ed2c,) = 0
select(593,0,104ec20,0,104ed2c,) = 0
select(593,0,104ec20,0,104ed2c,) = 1
getsockopt(592,65535,4103,250,104ed40,) = 0
requesting link...
send 1:
send(592,104e8b8,25send 2:
send(592,104e8b8,24send 3:
send(592,104e8b8,33send 4:
send(592,104e8b8,24send 5:
send(592,104e8b8,66send 6:
send(592,104e8b8,2sends complete:
receiving...
closesocket(592) = 0
file http://www.stata.com/stata.upd not found
http://www.stata.com did not respond or is not a valid update site
r(601);

 
 
 
Manual entry of the URLs in a browser is successful so I'm guessing it's a Stata problem. Is anyone experiencing the same thing or is it something I'm doing wrong?
Any fix suggestions? I'm running Stata SE 9.2 on Windows.
 
Cheers,
 
Rodrigo

Rodrigo Martell

 <http://www.frontier-economics.com> 	
Frontier Economics Pty. Ltd.
395 Collins Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Australia
www.frontier-economics.com 	
switch:
direct:
fax:
mobile:
email:


+61 (0)3 9620 4488
+61 (0)3 9613 1518
+61 (0)3 8614 2711
+61 (0)407 909 811
rodrigo.martell@frontier-economics.com <mailto:rodrigo.martell@frontier-economics.com> 


This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, disclosure or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorised to receive information for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message. Thank you.


*
*   For searches and help try:
*   http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/findit.html
*   http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq
*   http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/



© Copyright 1996–2014 StataCorp LP   |   Terms of use   |   Privacy   |   Contact us   |   What's new   |   Site index