Re: st: DHS survey data and Logistic regression

From   "Friedrich Huebler" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: DHS survey data and Logistic regression
Date   Mon, 30 Jul 2007 13:40:30 -0400

Olalekan,

Could you please provide a complete reference for your quote from the
"DHS statistics guide"? Is this document available for download?

The Demographic and Health Surveys (DHS) are carried out by Macro
International. You can contact Macro directly to ask for advice.

http://www.measuredhs.com/aboutdhs/contact.cfm

Macro staff members are also engaged in research using DHS data. For
example, a recent working paper uses logistic regression to measure
the relationship  between wealth and HIV status (Mishra et al. 2007).
The authors should be able to tell you how they took the survey design
into consideration.

Friedrich

Reference:
Mishra, Vinod, et al. 2007. A study of the association of HIV
infection with wealth in sub-Saharan Africa. DHS working paper no. 31.
Calverton: Macro International.
http://www.measuredhs.com/pubs/pub_details.cfm?ID=638