st: Negative vs positive log likelikood

From   "Dascha Orlova" <>
Subject   st: Negative vs positive log likelikood
Date   Mon, 30 Jul 2007 14:12:16 +0200

I'm estimating different specifications of a cost function with xtfrontier (maximum likelihood estimation). I'm looking for a way to interprete the reported log likelihood values correctly:

I have both positive and negative signs of the log likelihood and unfortunately I have no idea, which is better. I also wonder, whether small or large values indicate a better fit (f.e. whether LL of -365 is better (or worse) that -150).

Thank you very much!

Ideal für Modem und ISDN: