st: RE: nlogit with dummies (follow up)

From   "Mentzakis, Emmanouil" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: nlogit with dummies (follow up)
Date   Fri, 27 Jul 2007 20:34:19 +0100

Bidisha,

I dont know if I understand correctly but when you say

>I used interaction of all individual specific variables with the
choices as I thought that is the procedure to >do Nlogit (to interact
every variable with choices)

Do you mean that you interacted independent variables with the
dependent? Interacting your variables with choice (which I assume is
your dependent variable) will create variation within the alternatives
but is wrong. Hence, Stata probably will not tell you that there is
something wrong but there is.

When I said interact the demographics with one of the attributes, I
meant with one of the other independent variables that vary within
alternatives.

As Rodrigo suggest:
> something like "married (dummy) times income (in dollars)".

Maybe this is what creates the problem swith the Ses.

Finally, if I ve got it all wrong and choice is not your dependent
variable and the variable that you interact with, then, appologies.

Cheers
Manos