Re: st: unexisting errors

From   Fred Wolfe <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: unexisting errors
Date   Wed, 25 Jul 2007 05:08:12 -0500

I have also found this problem, although rarely, using Windows XP. In most instances Stata was running from a do file. It would occasionally skip lines or show errors where there were not really errors. In some instances, retyping the line sufficed to correct the problem. Rarely, it was necessary to restart Stata.

It was my impression that this problem arose from Windows memory corruption or the text editor seeing a corrupting non-printable character. I emphasize this occurs extremely rarely. It is not clear to me whether any of this is Stata problem.

Fred