Re: st: Suggestions for Second Edition of A Visual Guide to Stata Graphics

From   "Jia Xiangping" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Suggestions for Second Edition of A Visual Guide to Stata Graphics
Date   Wed, 25 Jul 2007 15:54:53 +0800

Dear Michael,

It depends on how are you going to orient the second version,
technique based or analysis (research) base. In the case of the former
one, the first version, together with the Graphic Manual, has been
sufficient. What's more, the newest Stata expands the Graph module to
make graphing more Mouse-convenient, though the customization might be
compromised. The payoff of expanding examples of graph option, as
McCulloch suggests, is quite slim.

To sum up, my suggestion is to enhancing the analytic sense in the
second version.

On 7/25/07, Michael McCulloch <[email protected]> wrote:
> Dear Michael,
> I have found your book very helpful. Two suggestions, if I may:
> 1. Expanded examples of graph options.
> 2. A section on the graphs for meta-analysis commands (meta, metan,
> metafunnel, metabias, etc.)
> Whatever changes you make, I'm sure it'll continue to be an essential
> guide to Stata users!
> Michael
>

> >Greetings
> >
> >  I am working on the Second Edition of "A Visual Guide to Stata
> >Graphics". This is not only an opportunity to update the book to
> >reflect features added to Stata since the first edition, but it is
> >also a chance to add new material as well. While I already have many
> >ideas, I wanted to seek input from the list for your thoughts of what
> >could be added to the Second Edition that would make it more useful
> >for readers. I would love to hear your comments and suggestions,
> >especially if you own the first edition and would like to suggest
> >improvements. You can either reply to the list (to share your thoughts
> >with everyone including myself), or you can write me privately via mnm
> >at ucla dot edu. I would be grateful for your input.
> >
> >Best regards,
> >
> >Michael N. Mitchell
> >Author of A Visual Guide to Stata Graphics
> >http://www.stata.com/bookstore/vgsg.html
> >*
> >*   For searches and help try:
> >*   http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/findit.html