[no subject]

    * Say exactly what you typed and exactly what Stata typed (or did)
in response. N.B. exactly! If you can, reproduce the error with one of
Stata's provided datasets or a simple concocted dataset that you
include in your posting.

      Don't send examples like this, which gives no information:
          o The command -fiddle- worked yesterday, but it is not working today.

    or like this, which gives very little information:

        * I am using -frog-, but I just get the message "invalid syntax".

    This example shows better style, setting aside the fact that its
answer can be found in the online help:

        * I am using Stata 9 to try to draw a plot using -scatter-.
Here is an example showing my problem with the auto data:

          . scatter mpg weight, s(p)

        I get lots of very small points. Why doesn't Stata use plus symbols?

Neil

On 7/24/07, Bidisha Sayema <[email protected]> wrote:
> Dear Statalisters,
>
> I have done a MNL of employment status (4 choices: wage employed,
> unemployed etc) with individual specific controls eg sex, education,
> age, race etc and in the next stage with only the wage employed run
> another MNL of occupational choices (3 choices: skilled, unskilled etc)
> with controls like the first stage (not the same though). But I also
> want to do a NLOGIT while incorporating all the decisions, so there will
> be 6 choices in the bottom set (3 choices out of wage employed, 3
> remaining categories of employment status) along with the first set of 4
> alternatives. I constructed the data set and the tree is running fine
> but I was unable to run NLOGIT and was facing error message. Is it due
> to the use of common individual specific variables in both stages? But I
> need to have demographic and education variables in both stages. Any
> suggestion is highly appreciated. A simple version of the model is as
> follows:
>
> nlogit choice (occchoice=ageprof ageskl ageuskl agesemp ageunemp agenemp
> /*
> */ age2prof age2skl age2uskl age2semp age2unemp age2nemp)
> (empstat=ageemp2 ageemp3 ageemp4 /*
> */ age2emp2 age2emp3 age2emp4 marriedemp2 marriedemp3 marriedemp4),
> group(caseno) nolog
>
> Best Regards
> Bidisha

> may still contain software viruses, which could damage your computer system:

"In mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to
them."  - Johann von Neumann

Email - [email protected] / [email protected]
Website - http://slack.ser.man.ac.uk/