Re: st: Finite Mixtures

From   Partha Deb <>
Subject   Re: st: Finite Mixtures
Date   Mon, 23 Jul 2007 08:37:15 -0400

I very recently completed writing a package to estimate finite mixture models, but haven't gotten around to posting it on SSC yet. You are welcome to use it. It's available for installation after

net from

-fmm- estimates finite mixtures of Gamma's, Negative Binomials, Normals, Poissons, and Student-ts. There is an file in addition to the help document.

If you do use it, I'd appreciate hearing about bugs, etc.

Partha wrote:

Hello to all:

Has anyone implemented anything that estimates parameters (mu, sigma,
proportion) for finite mixtures? If so, could you point me to it?

*   For searches and help try:
Partha Deb
Department of Economics
Hunter College
ph:  (212) 772-5435
fax: (212) 772-5398

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery
None but ourselves can free our minds.
	- Bob Marley