st: Re: table for differences of means test

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: Re: table for differences of means test
Date   Mon, 23 Jul 2007 08:05:34 -0400

Something like

sysuse auto,clear
su price,meanonly
local mean= r(mean)
local enn=r(N)
ttest price,by(foreign)
di "`r(N_1)' `r(N_2)' `mean' `enn'"

See Appendix B in the book below or "A little bit of Stata programming goes a long way" working paper on the website below.