Re: st: -warning: variables in at() list not found in model after mfx or mfx2

From   Mirko <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: -warning: variables in at() list not found in model after mfx or mfx2
Date   Fri, 20 Jul 2007 21:25:43 +0200

On 7/20/07, Mentzakis, Emmanouil <[email protected]> wrote:
Is it possible that the problem is created because in the -mfx- or
-mfx2- code the varlist for the at() option is specified with an
equality?

E.g.

local vars = "..."

rather than

local vars "..."

Thanks
Manos

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Richard
Williams
Sent: 20 July 2007 20:53
To: [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: RE: st: -warning: variables in at() list not found in model
after mfx or mfx2

At 12:28 PM 7/20/2007, Mentzakis, Emmanouil wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have the same problem as Mirko and I think the problem might be the
>length of the -at()- option.
>
>Below I have created an example (with huge names for the variables
>where you can see the warning message.
>
>Does anybody have a suggestion?

It looks to me like you have problems once the # of characters in the at
specification exceeds 244.  244 is the limit for "length of string in
string expression", so maybe that limit applies for options to commands,
or is otherwise somehow complicating things.

What puzzles me, though, is that in the original example, it seems the
at option would be well under 244 characters.  I wonder if Mirko gave
the exact commands he had typed or had simplified it?

There might also be some sort of problem if a string containing all the
var names gets longer than 244 characters.  In his regoprob command,
Mirko might just try putting the z vars first, so that their names will
fall within the first 244 characters of all the var names.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  [email protected]
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam