Re: st: RE: eform in ML Display

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: eform in ML Display
Date   Wed, 18 Jul 2007 14:44:13 -0500

At 12:25 PM 7/18/2007, E. Paul Wileyto wrote:
>Thanks.  I'm not sure why my reply hasn't popped up on statlist, but
>there was a problem with your suggestion.  Here's how it went.
>. ereturn scalar k_eform = 3
>non e-class program may not set e()
>Do you know whether I can declare the likelihood itself to be
>e-class?.. Whether there is some way to call ml maximize as
>e-class?  Perhaps the only way around this is to write a calling
>routine that calls my likelihood.

Note that Maarten said "within your estimation program after you've
called -ml maximize-, you should add a line:

ereturn scalar k_eform = 3 "

It won't work outside the e-class program.  However, if you get
-eret2- from ssc, you could do it outside the program.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu