Re: st: RE: eform in ML Display

From   "E. Paul Wileyto" <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: eform in ML Display
Date   Wed, 18 Jul 2007 13:25:33 -0400

Thanks. I'm not sure why my reply hasn't popped up on statlist, but there was a problem with your suggestion. Here's how it went.

. ereturn scalar k_eform = 3
non e-class program may not set e()

Do you know whether I can declare the likelihood itself to be e-class?.. Whether there is some way to call ml maximize as e-class? Perhaps the only way around this is to write a calling routine that calls my likelihood.

Maarten Buis wrote:

Maarten L. Buis
Department of Social Research Methodology Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam Boelelaan 1081 1081 HV Amsterdam The Netherlands

visiting address:
+31 20 5986715

--- E. Paul Wileyto wrote:

So, I have a multi-equation likelihood, and I want to apply eform to all
of the equations. Stata, by default, applies it only to the first. The
help tells you that there is a way to do it, by changing the value of a
scalar e(k_eform) to 3, but they stop short of actually telling you how
to create or alter e(k_eform).
within your estimation program after you've called -ml maximize-, you should add a line:
ereturn scalar k_eform = 3

hope this helps,

* For searches and help try:

E. Paul Wileyto, Ph.D.