st: Re: seemingly unrelated regression

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: Re: seemingly unrelated regression
Date   Thu, 12 Jul 2007 08:57:16 -0400

No. What you are describing is a variation of SUR, three-stage least squares, available with the -reg3- command. If a variable appears on the right hand side of any equation in a set of equations, you do not have SURs; you have simultaneous equations, and they must be estimated with instrumental variables (2SLS/3SLS) techniques.