Re: st: equivalence tests

From   Joseph Coveney <>
To   Statalist <>
Subject   Re: st: equivalence tests
Date   Wed, 11 Jul 2007 01:33:15 +0900

Ronan Conroy wrote (excerpted):

. . . Celine may be more interested in
testing for equivalence where this may be defined asymmetrically as
no less than x and no more than y units of difference. The original -
equim- and -equip- routines do only symmetrical tests, where x and y
are the same.

It's my understanding that -equim- and -equip- do allow for asymmetric
deltas, using options -delta()- and -sdelta()-.

Also, I'm curious as to what problems Celine had in resolving the results in
the Stata Technical Bulletin article for -equim- and -equip with formulas in
the Hwang and Morikawa review article (full text at ).

Joseph Coveney