Re: st: do-file editor - difference between Stata 9 and 10

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: do-file editor - difference between Stata 9 and 10
Date   Thu, 05 Jul 2007 15:05:40 -0500

William Magee <[email protected]> wrote:

> I am in the habit of running parts of do-files by highlighting
> sections of the file and clicking run.
> This worked in Stat 9 IC on my Mac, but doesn't in Stata 10.  I don't
> see anything in preferences to help regain that function...  any advice?

The issue here has to do with selecting lines from a do-file in the Do-file
Editor and selecting Do or Run to execute only the selected lines.  William
has discovered a bug where doing this results in Stata executing the entire
do-file instead.  This bug only affects Stata for Macintosh and will be fixed
in the next executable update.

You will be affected by the bug if you have a do-file open in the Do-file
Editor that has been saved.  If the file is unsaved or modified and you do or
run selected lines from the Do-file Editor, Stata will behave as expected.

-Chinh Nguyen