Re: st: dependent as denominator on the RHS

From   "Mizanur Rahman" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: dependent as denominator on the RHS
Date   Wed, 27 Jun 2007 16:23:43 +0900 (JST)

Mizan's reply to Nguyen:
Yes the problem of simulteneity can be resolved if you have a panel data with T>=3 and a reasonable N. The ideas come from Holtz-Eakin, Newey and Rosen (1988), Arellano and Bond (1991) and Blundell and Bond (1998). What you have to do is to define a GMM-style instrument matrix for the endogenous/predetermined VARs. Please follow our David Roodman's xtabond2 module, now available as a user-written package.

type:
ssc install xtabond2, all

David also wrote an accessible discussion paper on the module.
Roodman, D. 2006. How to Do xtabond2: An Introduction to "Difference" and "System" GMM in Stata. Working Paper 103. Center for Global Development, Washington.

Nguyen will probably require sometime to get well versed with the module, if he is a first-time user of the module. But put your question on the statlistserver. Many of us not only work with xtabond2 at STATA, but also conduct GMM estimations at GAUSS and other statistical packages.

Best,
Mizan

--- "Quang Nguyen" <[email protected]> ---