st: unobserved heterogeneity, clarification and confirmation

From   "Nirina F" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: unobserved heterogeneity, clarification and confirmation
Date   Tue, 26 Jun 2007 12:35:49 -0400

Hello all,

I am seeing other statalisters questions using glamm etc...so I would
like to have some clarification:

1- when we talk about unobserved heterogeneity, is it the same as
omitted variable causing the variable to be endogenous?

2- How do people usually check robustness if they think they have
gotten consitent estimates?

3- Another confirmation question: say my cragg-donald f stat is 8.9
and my sargan pvalue is 0.5 so I can say my IV are valid but they are
weak?
or what are people rule of thumb about ivreg2 results?

4- if instruments are weak now, can I just correct this weakness by
estimating my reg with maximum likelihood? if yes, what is the best
method?

I will appreciate very much your response,

Nirina
~~~***~~~