RE: st: Stata into SAS

From   "Newson, Roger B" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Stata into SAS
Date   Mon, 25 Jun 2007 13:19:25 +0100

For what it's worth, I have written a few Stata programs which might
make former SAS users (such as myself) feel at home with Stata, and
these are all downloadable from SSC. They have the SAS-like feature of
outputting results to output datasets (or resultssets), which the user
can process and/or tabulate and/or plot. The -xcontract- package is
similar to PROC FREQ, the -xcollapse- package is similar to PROC MEANS
and PROC SUMMARY, the -descsave- package is similar to PROC CONTENTS,
and the -parmest- package creates datasets similar to the OUTEST=
datasets in SAS. You can read more about these packages on my website at
http://www.imperial.ac.uk/nhli/r.newson/

Some papers and presentations on these packages (which you can also
download from my website) are listed below.

I hope this helps.

Roger

References

Newson R. Confidence intervals and p-values for delivery to the end
user. The Stata Journal 2003; 3(3): 245-269. Download pre-publication
draft from
http://www.imperial.ac.uk/nhli/r.newson/

Newson R. Resultssets, resultsspreadsheets and resultsplots in Stata.
Presented at the 4th German Stata User Meeting, 31 March, 2006.

Newson R. From datasets to resultssets in Stata. Presented at the 10th
UK Stata User Meeting, 28-29 June, 2004.

Newson R. Creating plots and tables of estimation results using parmest
and friends. Presented at the 8th UK Stata User Meeting, 20-21 May,
2002.

Roger Newson
Lecturer in Medical Statistics
National Heart and Lung Institute