st: RE: RE: local variables program

From   "Nachbar, Dirk" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: local variables program
Date   Mon, 25 Jun 2007 11:20:50 +0100

Thanks Maarten

But that still doesn't work properly. I can't really figure it out. See
below for the amended program.

Dirk

global maxRMSE=999999999999999999
sum  avgunitprice if id==5, detail
global min=r(p5)
global max=r(p95)
forval i= 1 2 100 {
scalar j=$min+`i'*($max-$min)/100
gen belowprice=avgunitprice*(avgunitprice<`j')
gen below=(avgunitprice<`j')
gen aboveprice=avgunitprice*(avgunitprice>=`j')
gen above=(avgunitprice>=`j')
qui reg lunit below belowprice above aboveprice if id==5, nocons
if e(rmse)<$maxRMSE {
local $maxRMSE=e(rmse)
reg lunit below belowprice above aboveprice
}
cap drop below belowprice aboveprice above j
}