Re: st: xtfrontier

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: xtfrontier
Date   Fri, 22 Jun 2007 16:34:45 +0200

I can't understand your question. Are you complaining about the absence of TE equal to one?
This is ok. Said brutally, as far as I remember (sorry, no references for what I am saying), it is DEA which takes some observations as (most) efficients (i.e. TE=1) while the remainings are not, because it uses linear programming. On the contrary, SFE is more a statistical method, and it tries to "imagine" the frontier from your data, but does not require that some of your observations lie on the frontier.
As a proof, download the FRONTIER 4.1 package (still somewhere around http://www.une.edu.au/econometrics/cepa.htm, I hope), which uses some different notations and methods, and run the examples: no observations have TE=1.
Nicola