RE: st: RE: random values

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: random values
Date   Tue, 19 Jun 2007 18:19:12 +0100

I think your approach requires the use of 40-day moving
averages, and selection of 20 either side of the observation
with the highest moving average. This leaves open the
question of what you do if the peak is in the first 20 or
last 20 days.

More generally, this approach seems to be bending over
backwards to deny any dependence structure in your data.
I am not clear that such random sampling really is a good way
to work with repeated measures.

Knag Anne-Christine