Re: st: How to save multiple predictions

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: How to save multiple predictions
Date   Sun, 17 Jun 2007 14:04:15 +0100 (BST)

--- Tamara Pejovic <[email protected]> wrote:
> However it doesn't do the job and plus I am getting the following
> error
> variable adf not found
> r(111);
>
> Also the output file is blank?

If you run the example (like explained in
http://home.fsw.vu.nl/m.buis/stata/exampleFAQ.html#work), the example
should work and not give an empty output file. (at least it doesn't
when I ran it) Is that true when you run the exact example I gave you?

If it is, than the error is due to an to me unkown change implemented
by you. If you don't tell me what you have changed, I obviously cannot
tell you what went wrong.

> I know that your example put everything much nicely all together, but
> I would really wan to save my estimated results from 100 runs.

-regress- gives many many results (r2, F, regression coefficients,
variance covariance matrix, etc., etc.) which of these do you want to
save? Give me 10 example lines of your ideal resultset.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Ps. note that often you get hints instead of finished solutions on
statalist. This is not because those who answer are mean, but because
they are volunteers and do this while they could be doing other more
fun/useful things. For instance, I often give code that literally
answers the question but doesn't work well if you have missing data.
Sometimes, somebody else on statalist spots that. However, I expect
everyone who gets advise from me to see the example as an example: an
illustration of a principle. As soon as people understand the principle
they should be able to apply that principle to their own work. I don't
do that because I am mean, but because in 11 months I need to have
finished a dissertation.

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081